In January 2012 Norfolk Museum and Archaeology Service (NMAS) became one of nine organisations in the UK to be granted museum development funding by Arts Council England. The £1,141,000 grant is to deliver museum development across the East of England during the period August 2012 to March 2015.
SHARE Museums East is the NMAS team delivering this programme. This small team of five
is based in NMAS’s Shirehall offices in Norwich and works regionally.
SHARE Museums East's mission
is to support excellence, resilience and cooperative working in museums in the East of England.
SHARE Museums East aims
• invest in and broker development opportunities improving museums’ services and sustainability
• encourage good practice in museums’ management in the East of England
• maximise opportunities for shared learning, networking and mutual support
• facilitate collaborative working, partnerships and communication across museums in the East of England
• invest in and nurture a skilled and flexible museums’ community in the East of England, of paid staff, freelancers and volunteers
• build pride and awareness of museums in the East of England
• get best value out of museums development funding for the East of England
• represent and champion the interests of the East of England museums’ sector nationally
SHARE Museums East does this through;
• pioneering museum development programmes
• extensive free training programme
• creating and sharing resources
• supporting specialist networks
Our programme is greatly enriched by resources, skills and venues provided for free by museums across the region.
We keep in touch with museums people in the East, share opportunities, ideas and requests and help people to connect with each other through this website, our e-newsletter and Twitter (@SHAREmuseums
If you'd like to get in touch with a member of the team then please go to contact
. Find out moreMuseum development in the Eastern region - a history
SHARE Museums East Partners