The course will cover:
- Introduction to why display is important for museums.
- Basic kit demonstration for making standardised displays in museums.
- Examples of good display techniques.
- Developing text that is seen and gets read
By the end of the course participants will have an awareness of why good display techniques are essential for their museum. They will have explored examples of good display techniques, learnt best practice when putting together a display, had hands on experience of the tools involved in developing a display and will be confident in returning to their museums and being able to put their new display technique skills into practice.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.