Trainer: Sarah Brown, Outreach Officer
Suitable for: Trustees, Managers, beginners, volunteers – anyone who works in collections management
Suitable for those new to the Spectrum collections management standard or in need of a refresher, this online session will offer a bitesize introduction.
We will discuss how a Spectrum 5.0 procedure works, how Spectrum might be applied within your own organisation and briefly introduce the primary procedures for Accreditation. There will opportunities to ask questions throughout.
Before the Session:
• read the Spectrum 5.0 introduction – https://collectionstrust.org.uk/spectrum/spectrum-5/
• Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now. You might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.
By the end of the session, delegates will:• Understand what the Spectrum standard is, and how it might be applied within their museum.
• Understand the role of the Spectrum standard in relation to museum Accreditation.
• Know where to find more information and guidance.
Please login 5 minutes before start time
Duration: 1.5 hours
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.