This practical, hands-on training session introduces participants to the techniques employed when preparing costume and accessories for display. Participants will gain knowledge in condition checking, assessment of objects and choosing and creating the correct type of mount to safely support a variety of objects and their associated materials. This training session also offers participants the unique opportunity to assist with the mounting of an actual exhibition.
By the end of the course, participants will leave with confidence in their ability to:
- Select objects for display based on their condition.
- Measure garments and select mannequins if relevant.
- Use a variety of materials to create bespoke mounts for individual objects.
- Create mounted costume displays within their own collections.
Refreshments will be provided but please bring lunch.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.