This session will explore the basics of museum documentation, its importance and how it is approached by different organisations. We will explore museum documentation with a focus on accountability and museum Accreditation. Together, we will review the Spectrum 5.0 Primary Procedures, required for Accreditation, and discuss how they are approached by your organisation.
Delegates will be encouraged to participate through discussions and activities, and there will be plenty of opportunity for questions throughout.
We request that attendees bring examples of their organisation’s documentation procedural manual, if possible, to share and discuss during the day.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be familiar with the requirements of the Spectrum Primary Procedures and how they might be applied in different museums
- Understand what is required by Accreditation
- Be aware of where to go to for help and advice
- Feel confident in what they need to do to meet the standard
This session is suitable for all museum staff and volunteers involved in the care and management of collections.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.