Does your museum
- own any buildings or land or hold any leases?
- employ anyone?
- apply for or hold any licences
It is important for your trustees’ protection that you have the most advantageous legal status possible for your organisation.
This workshop is designed to discuss the different types of legal status that a museum can have, and suggests the simplest ways to achieve this. If after this session your museum wants to move to a different status then SHARE has some funding to help you achieve this.
The day will give you an opportunity to meet Trustees from other museums and discuss other issues over coffee and lunch.
In the afternoon individual museums can book half hour 1-1 sessions to have more in-depth discussions about their own museums, please email Sally Ackroyd to book a slot.
To make the most of the session it is suggested that attendees refresh their understanding of their own museum’s legal status before the day.
Please note, places will be reserved for Trustees in the first instance with a maximum of 2 places per museum.
Refreshments & Lunch will be provided.
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, click here.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.