We are pleased to be able to offer this opportunity for volunteer co-ordinators in our region’s museums to participate in a 4 session volunteer management course and qualification.
The course is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and the tutor will be Christine Laverock.
Please book your place on the SHARE website before 15th November 2019
Who is the course for? – Anyone working with volunteers in an Eastern Region museum in a co-ordination role.
- Priority will be given to applicants whose museums are either Accredited, or Working Towards Accreditation.
- You do not have to have any previous volunteer management training, but those who do may be prioritised if we are oversubscribed
Time commitment: The expectation from the ILM is that the whole qualification requires a commitment of 60 hours (16 of which are within the 4 workshop days). The workshop sessions are on Tuesdsays: 14th January, 11th February, 10th March, 21st April. They are all in Bury St Edmunds.
The rest of the time consists of assignments to be carried out between sessions. These will include looking at their organisation’s policies, undertaking skills assessments with volunteers, providing feedback and undertaking a written assessment. The tutor provides all the required information, practical activity templates and tutorial support to assist participants with this work.
Christine Laverock is an experienced trainer who has run an Approved ILM Centre since 2005. Much of her work is with the voluntary and community sector and previous participants on her courses have given us excellent feedback about her way of delivering the courses, her communication and in-depth understanding of the subject.
Cost: £100 per participant from an Accredited Museum in the Eastern Region. (This cost is highly subsidised, but please contact Sally Ackroyd at the SHARE team if this cost is prohibitive for your museum).
Other participants will be considered at a cost of £200 if there are sufficient places available. Please contact Sally Ackroyd at the SHARE team to register your interest.
Applying for the course: There are limited numbers of places for the courses.
Please note spaces are now full for this course.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.