This workshop will introduce delegates to the SHARE Guide to Digitisation resource, and support them with planning their own project. Subjects covered will include:
- What is digitisation?
- Defining digitisation projects
- Identifying the resources necessary to successfully complete a project
- Identifying the best practice guidelines to fit your organisation’s needs as well as the size and type of project
- Identifying the processes necessary to sustain the organisations digital images collection
- Individual action planning for creating and maintaining a digital image collection or for a specific digitisation project
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of what processes managing a digital image collection or digitisation project encompasses.
- Be able to identify current and future issues of digitisation for their organisation
- Be able to identify best practice for their own organisation’s project or collection
- Have started developing an action plan that addresses the current issues and needs for their organisation.
This training is suitable for staff and volunteers of any museum or organisation with a collection of digital images or who are planning a digitisation project.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.