This session is being led by Sam Hunt, former director of AIM and now a Museum Consultant.
The day will include;
- How to involve your staff, volunteers and stakeholders in your visioning and planning
- How to develop your museum as a successful operation.
- The chance to share ideas and start to develop a fresh vision
- How to develop a business plan from your vision
- Case studies of successful processes in other museums
- Available resources, templates, case studies and other sources of help
- Ruth Burwood (SHARE’s Accreditation contact) will join us at lunchtime to discuss the new Accreditation scheme and Forward Planning as part of that process
Previous participants of similar days with Sam Hunt have said:
- “Sam clearly had lots of experience & importantly understood the range of museums and their needs”
- “Very useful. Gave me a better framework to work within and identified potential sticking points for my museum and possible solutions”
This day is for all museums who are looking to review or develop their business plans, and want to kickstart their thinking.
We strongly recommend that at least two delegates per organisation come along to get the most from this planning and visioning opportunity. e.g. Trustee and Museum Manager/Curator. Previous participants have reported how much more useful it has been for them if there have been two of them to discuss and share and take the day’s ideas back to their colleagues.
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, click here.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.