TRAINER: Sarah Brown, Outreach Officer, Collections Trust
Please arrive after 10.15am for a 10.30 start. Refreshments will be provided on arrival but please bring your own lunch
Object marking and labelling is a requirement of the Spectrum Acquisition and Accessioning Procedure, which is required to be in place for Museum Accreditation. This workshop will introduce the basic principles including materials and techniques used for marking different types of objects. The session will also include hands-on activities to put knowledge into practice.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the need for object marking and labelling and the theory behind it
- Understand the different procedures for marking different types of objects
- Understand the appropriate kit to use for object marking and labelling
Venue information for visitors with access needs – http://eastanglianlife.org.uk/visit-us/accessibility/
If you have an further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, see our Terms & Conditions on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.