– Chair: Jo Gilliam, Autism & Disability Trainer
Come along to discuss your work and aspirations to improve the provision for visitors with autism and SEND in your organisation.
As a freelance learning and engagement practitioner, Jo is passionate about sharing heritage with everyone through great experiences. She has worked in the public and voluntary sectors including various museums, theatres, LAs (where she ran a learning service), schools, and charities (disabilities, elders, hospice care, volunteers). Jo has lifelong familial experience of disability and neurodiverse conditions too. Hence her knowledge of SEND and her growing work to help museums with autistic access. This involves offering advice, autism training, site assessments, and new resources. She is also developing a day course introducing disability access.
Please login 5 minutes before start time
Duration: 1 hour
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
Please be aware of our definition of the East of England: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (incl. Peterborough), Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- Freelancers currently working on a live project with an Accredited museum in the East of England may book a free place with the museum’s permission – choose the ‘Accredited Museum’ ticket option. PLEASE NOTE: you will need to obtain permission from a supervisor or a trustee and provide both their name and email: the application will be rejected without this information, and we may contact the museum to check you are eligible.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.