-Sam Bowen, Museum Development Officer – South East Museum and author of Special Schools and Museums Toolkit (@makedoandSEND)
– Dr Katharine Hoare, School & Young Audiences Education Manager, British Museum (katharinehoare)
– Rachael Williams, Learning & Engagement Officer, Stories of Lynn (@Rachael97218835)
– Clare Eke, Teacher, Churchill Park Special School
Are you SENDing the Right Message?
To round up our activities, we are bringing together our keynote speakers and webinar presenters for discussion and questions.
– How can you ensure that your museum welcomes and appeals to SEND audiences and that you, your staff and volunteers and website are sending the right message about this?
-Would you like to work more closely with SEND school audiences?
-Share your success stories (or otherwise) of working with SEND audiences
Please login 5 minutes before start time
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
Please be aware of our definition of the East of England: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (incl. Peterborough), Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
We are planning to record this session and share it afterwards on our YouTube channel. Delegates will not be able to turn on their cameras for the duration of the session. In the event we are unable to do this, please contact us for a copy of the presentations. To read more about recording sessions or any additional questions you may have, please read our FAQs.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- Freelancers currently working on a live project with an Accredited museum in the East of England may book a free place with the museum’s permission – choose the ‘Accredited Museum’ ticket option. PLEASE NOTE: you will need to obtain permission from a supervisor or a trustee and provide both their name and email: the application will be rejected without this information, and we may contact the museum to check you are eligible.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.