This year the SHARE conference looks at how we can diversify the way we work to make our museums more accessible and appealing to a wider range of people, and in the process make them more resilient too.
Our keynotes will address these themes and will include:
- What does the Mendoza Review of Museums mean for my Museum? – Isabel Wilson Senior Manager, Museum Development, Arts Council England
- Open Up: how to make sure your museum really is for everyone – Helen Wilkinson, Assistant Director, AIM
- Upping Our Game: transformational change through audience and community engagement, income generation, and lifelong training – Tim Bryan, Head of Collections, British Motor Museum
In addition, there will be a range of presentations and breakout sessions including:
- developing young trustees
- diversifying audiences through working with your community
- decolonising your museum
- making your museum autism-friendly
- widening your volunteer base through social and crowd volunteering
Plus an update on the new Museum Accreditation Scheme, which will be launched on 1 November.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE-funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you will be responsible for payment of the booking fee, whether as an individual or by the organisation you are representing, and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice the fee will not be refunded.