TRAINER: Jane Henderson MSc, FIIC, ACR, SFHEA, Cardiff University
Please arrive for a prompt start at 10.00am. Refreshments will be provided on arrival but please bring your own lunch.
Do you have to communicate policies such as collections management to audiences that may need to be won over? This special session is for museum professionals working with collections, who want to change the way they are heard with a view to being communicators that are more effective.
The day will combine lectures and activities to help participants to: understand the components of influence; plan influence campaigns; deconstruct their own messaging and identify if there are ways to improve; examine issues of personality and gender and discuss any impact.
The session will end with action planning, leaving delegates with a toolkit of actions to go back out and try to make themselves heard.
As a result of this training delegates will be able to:
- Understand why their influence techniques may not be working
- Deconstruct influence situations to explain frustrating encounters
- Plan ways to improve influence
- Adapt communication modes to increase likelihood of successful influence
Acces information about the venue – https://www.kettlesyard.co.uk/access/
If you have an further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, see our Terms & Conditions on our website
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.