TRAINER: Simon Floyd, Floyd Performance
Please arrive after 10.00am for a 10.30 start. Refreshments will be provided on arrival but please bring your own lunch
Many museums do not understand the work of artists. The reverse is also true. As a result, applications to ACE from museums for arts-based projects are relatively rare. This seminar aims to encourage and equip museums to apply for ACE Project Grants and other funding streams.
Successful collaboration can add meaningful value to the work of both artist and museum, developing innovation in story-telling and interpretation of collections, deepening a stronger sense of place for audiences and widening participation in the community.
This seminar will examine the potential for meaningful, mutually beneficial partnerships between museums and artists.
Participants will consider and explore:
- The reasons why museum might consider working with artists, and how value is created for both parties.
- Models of partnership, from straightforward commission to longer term co-creation with the community.
- The issues that surround creative arts and museum partnerships, including
- · questions of language and purpose – ensuring agendas and working methods are understood and embraced
- · developing ideas together and building successful relationships – with each other and with the communities they serve
- · ensuring project evaluation is well embedded, successful and informative.
- · access to funding
If you have an further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, see our Terms & Conditions on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.