This session will cover working well as a team – as a key part of working successfully with your volunteers.
Topics will include:
- What motivates volunteers?
- What is a team?
- How to create a team ethos
- Encouraging teams to work together for the benefit of the museum and the challenges of “Team”
The day will include an open session for attendees to discuss and obtain suggestions for challenges they face with their teams – please, if possible submit an outline of the challenge before the session to the trainer Linda Brandish – Volunteering Adviser.
Linda has been working with the voluntary sector for 17 years and has worked with SHARE on previous volunteer-focused training opportunities. Her approach is very much as a discussion facilitator and she encourages participants to bring their own examples and ideas to the sessions.
Some feedback from participants at Linda’s previous sessions for SHARE:
“Really calm trainer! Very well managed discussions as she realised people had different levels of confidence to get involved”
“Trainer did a great job with a room full of people with widely differing roles”
If you have any specific topics you would like to cover then please contact Linda Brandish in advance.
Refreshments will be provided on arrival but please bring your own lunch. There are cafes at the museum or in Newmarket High Street if you prefer. Please arrive from 10.15am for a 10.30am start.
(We may be able to repeat this session in spring 2020 if there is demand. Please contact Sally Ackroyd if you are interested in this topic but cannot attend this session.)
Please see our FAQs for any questions relating to our training programme
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, see our Terms & Conditions on our website
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.