TRAINER: Ruth Burwood, Museum Development Project Officer, SHARE Museums East
Please arrive after 10.30am for an 11.00 start. Refreshments will be provided on arrival but please bring your own lunch
Whether you are working on object labels or out-of-order signs, writing good text that gets read by visitors can be challenging! This practical workshop will boost your confidence with lots of tips and rules of good practice to apply back at your museum.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Looked critically at good and bad examples of different kinds of museum text
- Explored tips and rules of good practice
- Discussed meeting accessibility standards
- Considered how our choice of language can influence how visitors react to objects
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, see our Terms & Conditions on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.