Deadline Monday 3rd June 2019
As part of our 2018-2022 regional Museum Development activity plan, funded by Arts Council England, SHARE Museums East is supporting museums to review and assess the significance of their collections, whilst developing confidence with rationalisation. The SHARE Collections Review and Rationalisation grants are available to help museums with this important area of collections management.
Museums can apply for a grant up to a maximum of £3000.
Examples of activities for which the grant can be used, include:
• Payment of an expert or consultant
• Storage and packing materials
• Collections Management Systems
• Transport or removal costs
• Conservation and condition reporting
Read about how other museums have used the grant to develop their collections:
If you are unsure if what you are applying for is eligible for a grant please speak to your MDO or with Ruth Burwood, SHARE Project Officer.
This year we are encouraging museums to think about how their work supports the Creative Case for Diversity. It might not be applicable to your project, but if you are doing any of the following, please highlight it in your application:
- – Research into collections that reveal untold stories of people or communities under-represented in your museum
- – Improving documentation to tell these stories or update interpretations
- – Including or updating exhibition labels or text so that these stories are available for your visitors to read
- – Working with community groups to identify and interpret collections that you have little information for