As part of our 2018-19 regional Museum Development activity plan, funded by Arts Council England, SHARE Museums East is offering grants to help forge stronger links with National museums and other significant lenders to increase loans to smaller museums. We want the museums receiving the loans to get the most out of these opportunities, and so are launching a small grant scheme across the region.
Museums can apply for a grant up to a maximum of £3,000.
Examples of activities for which the grant can be used include:
- Security improvements including work needed for GIS
- Environmental improvements including work needed for GIS
- Conservation and condition report costs for loans
- Conservation work required as a condition of the loan agreement
- Transport and packing costs for loans
- Courier fees or object handling staff time
- Specialist mounts, frames or display cases
The deadline for applications is: 5pm Friday 28th September 2018
Please read the guidance document below before completing your application form: