SHARE has set up a package of support for museums which are facing challenges as a result of the Coronavirus / Covid-19 pandemic. Below is a list of new programmes we are launching to support museums in the East of England during this difficult time.
If you cannot see the help that you think you need listed below, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss this.
All the help listed below is offered FREE to museums in the East of England within the ACE Accreditation scheme and is available immediately. To discuss any of the opportunities below with a member of the SHARE team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note: we are currently working away from the office with changes to normal working patterns. We will answer enquiries and process applications as quickly as we are able.)
To find out what support and guidance is available from other organisations such as Association of Independent Museums and Arts Council England, please visit our Corona Virus Resources page which we update regularly.
Other Funding Support
Online fundraising support
This scheme is for Accredited museums facing financial difficulties as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. We will fund and coordinate work that directly supports online fundraising for museums, through experienced web designers Starfish. Examples of projects that we will fund include:
- Setting up an online donations platform (e.g. JustGiving)
- Creating a social media profile to promote fundraising
- Creating a website or single page that directly supports or links to online fundraising
- Design and creation of an electronic newsletter to support fundraising
How to apply
Email email@example.com asking to apply to the fund, with the following information:
- Name of your museum
- Outline of proposed project and why your museum needs support
- Two named contacts, with email addresses and phone numbers
- Confirmation of approval by Chair of Trustees
- Charity Number (if applicable)
- Confirmation that you will be able to provide a range of information (e.g. museum images, bank account details etc.) to the designer on request at short notice
Please have a look at these resources when thinking about your project:
To help you plan your project we are also offering FREE access to a fundraising consultant (see below). Please contact him to discuss your plans before applying.
Eligibility and application criteria
Accredited museums and those officially Working Towards Accreditation from across the East of England are invited to apply.
Applications will not be considered:
- To cover the costs of activities taking place before a grant offer is made.
- By museums that are not Accredited or actively Working Towards Accreditation.
- From National or ACE National Portfolio Museums.
Successful applicants will receive confirmation by email or phone. SHARE will negotiate with and coordinate the contractor who will develop your project, and we will pay the approved contractor directly.
To discuss this opportunity with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audience Development, Communications and Marketing support helpline
We have appointed Christina Lister of Christina Lister Comms to support museums in the second phase of support. Christina can take your calls and emails about any aspect of Marketing, Communications and Audience Development. She can give you advice and help, which might include:
- Developing a communications plan during closure
- Engaging audiences during closure
- Researching your audience and/or non-users
- Reallocating or focusing marketing budget
- Marketing and Audience Development plans for re-opening
- Developing ideas and content for Social Media channels
Please email Christina: email@example.com to arrange a time to talk.
Business support helpline
We have appointed Julie Cole of JMC Consultancy to provide support to museums with business planning, governance and HR issues. Julie is able to advise on:
- Paid employees/workers
- Home working
- Lone working / safeguarding
- Insurance cover
- Director/Trustee decision-making
- Statutory reporting
- Emergency financial planning
- Planning for worse case scenarios: winding-up/dissolution
Please email Julie to arrange a time to discuss talk.
Fundraising support helpline
We have appointed David Burgess of Apollo Fundraising to support museums with immediate advice on fundraising. David is on hand to take your calls and emails about any aspect of fundraising. He can give you his advice and help with urgent need to fund-raise at this time, which might include:
- Managing grants – both new and existing
- Options for those with Membership schemes
- Setting up a new fundraising appeal at this time
- Online platforms and crowdfunding
- You might like to book a one hour session with several members of your team to look at the specifics of your own museum.
Please see guidance:
- Funders offering support in response to the Coronavirus pandemic – September 2020
- Top Tips for museum fundraising during Covid-19
Volunteer support helpline
We know that many of your volunteers will be having to leave your sites and a lot of the contact between them and you and your museum will be drastically reduced.
If you have concerns, or worries about any of this then consultant Linda Brandish has kindly offered to talk things through with any of you who want to contact her. (Some of you will know Linda from SHARE volunteer training and development over the years.)
Linda is happy to give any support that she can during this crisis via email or telephone if anyone feels they have any volunteer related issues they want to share or discuss.
Please email Linda initially on firstname.lastname@example.org