By booking a place on a SHARE training course or a course run by a SHARE-funded network, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in Arts Council England’s (ACE) Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge this so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can (this may involve a fee, see Eligibility and Charging & Cancellation Policy below).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE-funded training that all online evaluation forms sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session. See Registration form & Evaluation form below.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50. See Charging & Cancellation Policy.
We are able to provide the range and depth of training that we do only by working with all museums in the region to develop and provide this training together. We fully appreciate and thank you for your role in this, for example by the provision of venues for events.
SHARE Museums East is funded by the Arts Council England (ACE) to support organisations within ACE’s Accreditation scheme.Our grants and training programmes are prioritised to museums in the East of England which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation. ACE publishes the official lists of Accredited and Working Towards Accreditation museums on its website.
The East of England is defined as the county councils of Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk, along with the unitary authorities of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire, Luton Borough, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock.
Registration form and Evaluation form
Within our funding agreement with Arts Council England we need to deliver and report on specific targets. To help with this we have developed our registration and evaluation forms. It is a requirement that anyone who attends a SHARE-funded training session completes the online evaluation forms sent to them by the deadline specified. Unless a paper form has been requested, we are trying to reduce our environmental impact by using the online forms.
Both forms will be sent to the trainer and also used in our Training Needs Survey to evaluate the effectiveness of the training as well as the training needs of the region. Museum Development Officers will be updated as to which organisations have been attending training to help them understand the training needs of their counties.
Charging and Cancellation Policy
SHARE Museums East is funded by Arts Council England to support organisations within ACE’s Accreditation scheme. Our training programme is heavily subsidised in order to fulfil this remit. The majority of our events are free of charge to Accredited museums and those Working Towards Accreditation. If you are from an organisation that is not part of the Accreditation scheme or from within the region our funding covers, it is within SHARE’s discretion to charge a fee for you to attend.
For some events, such as conferences or events that we cannot fully subsidise from our programme funding, it may be necessary to charge a fee to everyone booking a place.
When you book, you are confirming that you are booking as a representative of your organisation. Effective from September 2018, SHARE has the right to impose a cancellation fee of £50 upon the organisations of attendees who fail to attend without notifying SHARE in advance. If you are no longer able to attend an event you have registered for, please notify the SHARE team as soon as possible and not less than 2 working days prior to the event. Please note that the team do not have access to emails or phones at weekends. This fee will be implemented at the discretion of SHARE, depending on individual circumstances.
If you are unable to cancel you may be able to send a substitute. Please call us on 01603 495881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss if this will be a suitable change.
Within our event registration form we ask you for the details of a relevant person (e.g. supervisor or manager) so that we can discuss with them any of following:
- That you have attended a SHARE event
- If that event has been practical in shaping changes in your role, within your department or organisation
- If you have cancelled late or failed to attend an event and to notify that a late cancellation fee is being charged to the organisation.
If an event is oversubscribed, there will be an opportunity to register for the waiting list. Priority will still be given to Accredited or Working Towards Accreditation museums, and you will be notified by a member of the SHARE Team should you need to pay for a place. Should a place become available then you will receive an automatic notification from Eventbrite in which you will have a set time to respond. Please note, the response time will differ depending on the popularity of the event.
The day of event information
SHARE Museums East covers all of the East of England, so we aim to schedule events with suitable start and finish times. However, if you are running late on the day of the event please notify us by calling 01603 495881 or email email@example.com, so that we can inform the trainer.
You will be notified prior to an event of any travel arrangements and parking options. Unfortunately, not all the event spaces have free parking, and SHARE will recommend the most suitable and cost effective places to park. We schedule the majority of our events within range of public transport options.