Booking Terms & Conditions
By registering for a SHARE Museums East (SHARE) training course or a course run by a SHARE-funded network, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- you represent an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is within Arts Council England’s (ACE) Accreditation Scheme. If your organisation is not within this scheme, we will aim to facilitate your attendance. (This may involve a fee. See Eligibility and Charging & Cancellation Policy)
- you will need to complete an evaluation form by a specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation form is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session. See Registration form & Evaluation form.
- you agree that should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice, your organisation is responsible for paying a late cancellation fee of £50. See Charging & Cancellation Policy.
SHARE is funded by Arts Council England (ACE) to support museums in the East of England within ACE’s Accreditation scheme. The East of England is defined as the counties of Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk, along with the unitary authorities of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire, Luton Borough, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock.
We prioritise places on our training programmes for museums which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation. ACE publishes the official lists of Accredited and Working Towards Accreditation museums on its website.
Both forms are shared with the trainer and may be used in our planning. County Museum Development Officers may be updated as to which museums have attended training to help them understand the training needs of their counties.
Within our event registration form we ask you for the details of a relevant person (e.g. supervisor or manager) so that we can discuss with them any of following:
- that you have attended a SHARE event
- if that event has been practical in shaping changes at your museum
- a cancellation fee due to non-attendance, or insufficient notice of non-attendance.
SHARE Museums East (SHARE) is funded by Arts Council England (ACE) to support organisations within ACE’s Accreditation scheme. Our training programme is heavily subsidised in order to fulfil this remit. The majority of our events are free of charge to museums within the Scheme. Other organisations may be charged a fee to attend. For some events, such as conferences or extended programmes, it may be necessary to charge a fee to everyone registering to participate.
If you cancel your booking without sufficient notice, SHARE has the right to charge your organisation a late cancellation fee of £50.
If you are no longer able to attend an event you have registered for, please notify the SHARE team as soon as possible and not less than 2 working days prior to the event. To cancel your booking or to discuss a colleague attending in your place, please call us on 01603 495881 or email to discuss. Please note that the team do not have access to email or phones at weekends.
Cancellation fees will be charged at the discretion of SHARE, depending on individual circumstances. We will discuss this with the named contact on your registration form.
If an event is oversubscribed, there is an opportunity to register for a waiting list. Priority will still be given to museums within the ACE Accreditation Scheme, and you will be notified by a member of the SHARE Team should you need to pay for a place. If a place becomes available, you will receive an automatic notification from Eventbrite in which you will have a set time to respond. Please note, the response time will differ depending on the popularity of the event.
Contacting SHARE on a training day
We understand that delegates sometimes have to travel long distances to attend training. If you are running late on the day of an event please notify us by calling 01603 495881 or email, so that we can inform the trainer.
If you would like further guidance about our training programme, visit our FAQ page.