Are you keen to develop your skills, knowledge and contribution to the museums and galleries of the future? We are looking for 12 individuals from museums in the East of England to take part in this FREE programme that will run over 6 months from January 2021.
The Rising Leaders Programme is SHARE’s new professional development programme led by Dr Nick Winterbotham. Nick has headed eight heritage organisations in the last 30 years and now specialises in training and developing museum and gallery staff in the UK.
- Develop your understanding of heritage, collections, exhibitions, learning and leadership
- Build skills, confidence and resilience in your current role
- Get support with taking your career to the next level
- Be part of a cohort with opportunities to share experiences and support each other
RLP is open to museum staff working in an Accredited museum in the East of England*. Participants do not have to be currently in a management position, but they must be able to commit to attending all the online sessions listed below.
There will be twelve online day-workshops, with contact sessions at 10.00-12.00 and 1.30-3.30 each time:
- Career trajectories, thresholds and destinations – 15 January
- Leaders, Leadership and Motivation – 29 January
- Audiences – 12 February
- Museum Learning – 26 February
- Museums as businesses – 12 March
- Teamwork and learning organisations – 26 March
- Museums on a mission – 16 April
- Governance, duty and contribution – 30 April
- Design, display and making meaning – 14 May
- Change and people skills – 28 May
- Resilience and what we’ve learned from Covid – 11 June
- Conclusions and next steps – 25 June
For an informal discussion about RLP, please email Nick at email@example.com to arrange a time to talk.
* If you are made redundant or have to change jobs after RLP begins you will still be encouraged to complete the course.
* Includes museums formally Working Towards Accreditation