Training Programme FAQs
Signing up to the event
1.I’m not sure if I’m eligible to attend? SHARE Museums East is funded by Arts Council England (ACE) to support organisations registered with ACE’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. As a result, our training sessions are prioritised for Accredited museums. We allow non-Accredited museums and other organisations to attend many of our sessions, but places will be limited and a fee may be charged. Fees will normally be at a significantly subsidised rate.
If you have chosen an incorrect ticket you will be contacted by a member of the SHARE team as to whether you can attend the course or if you need to pay a fee.
2. I’m not sure if my museum is Museum registered with Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme?
3.I’m not sure if my museum is in the East of England?
SHARE covers the counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. The region includes the unitary authorities of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Peterborough, Southend and Thurrock.
If your museum is outside the region we may be able to accommodate you, but a fee may be payable. Your regional Museum Development programme might run similar training or might be prepared to fund your attendance. Please follow this link to see where other Museum Development teams are located across the country.
Ticketing and Payment Options
- Why do you charge for some tickets? Thanks to ACE funding, most of our training courses are offered on a free or substantially-subsidised basis. We charge for organisations and individuals outside the East of England or the Museum Accreditation Scheme, however these fees still represent a significant subsidy on the actual cost of delivery.For our programmes which have the highest investment (e.g. accredited training courses) we may charge a fee to all delegates.Our annual Conference is charged at a standard rate for everyone, to cover catering and venue hire costs.
2. I cannot afford to attend an event. Can you waive the fee? If your museum is unable to pay for you to attend an event, please contact us.
3. What’s your cancellation policy? When you book, you are confirming that you are booking as a representative of your organisation. SHARE reserves the right to impose a cancellation fee of £50 upon the organisations of attendees who fail to attend without notifying us in advance. If you are no longer able to attend an event you have registered for, please notify the SHARE team as soon as possible and not less than 2 working days prior to the event. Please note that the team do not have access to emails or phones at weekends. Any cancellation fee will be implemented at the discretion of SHARE, depending on individual circumstances.
4. I’ve paid for an event and am longer able to attend – what happens? If you are no longer able to attend an event you have registered for, please notify the SHARE team as soon as possible and not less than 2 working days prior to the event. If you fail to show up to the event after the notice period has been reached, SHARE reserves the right to retain any fees paid.
5. I am unable to pay via Eventbrite, but would like to attend. If you do not have access to an organisational purchasing/credit card, or are waiting for your manager’s permission to attend, please contact a member of the SHARE team as we may be able to arrange alternative form of payments. Please note that SHARE is hosted by a local authority, and we abide by the financial regulations and process of Norfolk County Council.
6. Why does Eventbrite ask for ‘registration type and tax receipt information’ when purchasing a paid ticket? As a VAT registered business, it is a requirement from Eventbrite for businesses to charge VAT. As not all of our organisations are VAT-registered we charge all ticket buyers VAT. If your company is VAT-registered, it can claim back the VAT when you submit your expenses form. If you know your organisation VAT details, please enter. If you do not know, please enter n/a. We cannot unselect this option on our registration forms.
7. Can I be invoiced via Eventbrite? For some events attendees can select to be invoiced rather than paying with a credit or purchasing card. You will be contacted by a member of the SHARE team about processing your payment, please do not pay or raise a purchase order before you have been contacted. SHARE is hosted by Norfolk County Council, and payments may not be processed if an Invoice number or Purchase order has not been previously assigned.
We will ask for:
- Your treasurer or finance representative contact details
- The department/address the invoice should be sent to
- If a Purchase Order needs to be attached to the invoice
- Norfolk County Council will send you, via the post, an invoice with the payment details and options. You may pay the invoice with a cheque if you include the remittance slip and follow all instructions on the invoicing form.
- 8. I’m a freelancer – do I have to pay? If you have been directly contracted by an Accredited museum in the East of England and the training provided will support the project the museum has contracted you to deliver, you may attend the session at the fully subsidized rate. Other freelancers and organisations will have to pay any fees due.
1.Do I need to bring anything with me to the event? Unless otherwise stated in the event description and within the information email sent, we provide a delegate pack that includes a note page, an agenda and a delegate list. We recommend that you bring a pen and notepad.
2. Is lunch provided? As our courses are heavily subsidized we cannot always provide lunch. We will always provide refreshments on arrival. We always put availability of in the event description and in the delegate information email.
3. What reminder information do you send out? Through Eventbrite we send reminders 4 days and 48 hours before the event. We do this as some of our bookings do not close until near to the event date, so we make sure people receive it in time. We try to include the agenda in the event description, but if this has not become available an agenda will be provided on the day.
4. Why do I need to complete an evaluation form? Our funding agreement with ACE requires us to report on the impact of our work. To support this we have developed our registration and evaluation forms. It is a requirement that anyone who attends a SHARE-funded training session completes the online evaluation form sent to them by the deadline specified. Unless a paper form has been requested, we are trying to reduce our environmental impact by using online forms.
Evaluation forms will be sent to the trainer to evaluate the effectiveness of the training and we also be used by SHARE to evaluate the training needs of the region. Museum Development Officers will be updated as to which organisations have been attending training to help them understand the training needs of their counties.
5. More than one person from my museum wishes to attend, are they allowed to? Unless it is stated otherwise, we normally allow up to two members per museum to attend an event. For many network events, multiple people from an organisation can attend. If multiple people from your organisation would like to attend a specific event, please contact us.
Please note that Eventbrite enables you to copy information if you have selected multiple tickets, but please remember to change the relevant information that applies to each individual.
6. I’m unable to attend a session, can a colleague go in my place? What should I do? A registered attendee who is no longer able to attend may cancel their place directly via Eventbrite and a colleague can register themselves instead. However if bookings are full, please contact SHARE directly as a waiting list may have been enabled. If there is no waiting list, a member of the team will send a paper copy for the replacement colleague to complete and will add them manually to the event booking.
7. Why can’t I simply turn up to the event? We try to accommodate for as many bookings as possible, however both the venue and the trainers who facilitate the day need to have as much information as possible for risk assessment reasons.
8. I’m not sure if I’m registered for the event? When you sign up via Eventbrite you should receive a confirmation email confirming your place. If you have not received the email, your account may have placed it in the junk folder. If you are still unable to find the confirmation email it may be because you entered your email address incorrectly – Eventbrite does not notify you that the email address may be wrong. Please contact a member of the SHARE team to check.
9. Why am I unable to check out when registering for an event? Please check that you have entered information into all mandatory fields. If you have done so and are still unable to complete registration, please check the length of your job title – it should be fewer than 50 characters. Unfortunately, Eventbrite does not notify you that you have reached the limit. If you are still having trouble completing your booking, please contact a member of the SHARE team.
10. I would like my museum to host an event. If you have availability to host one of our training events, please contact us on 01603 495881.
The training Programme:
1.Will a course be repeated? Due to the size of the region we understand that it may not be easy to get to some venues, depending on where you live. We try to put on our training sessions in venues accessible via public transport wherever possible, and we repeat many of our sessions to maximise accessibility.
If you are unable to attend but you feel the training is important for your museum, please contact your county Museum Development Officer.
2.Tickets have been fully booked, is there a waiting list I can register for? If an event is oversubscribed, there is an opportunity to register for a waiting list. Priority will still be given to museums within the ACE Accreditation Scheme, and you will be notified by a member of the SHARE team should you need to pay for a place. If a place becomes available, you will receive an automatic notification from Eventbrite in which you will have a set time to respond; if you do not respond in time the offer will transfer to the next person on the list. Please note, the response time will differ depending on the popularity of the event.
3.What happens if my training event has been cancelled? In the unlikely event of SHARE having to postpone or cancel an event at the last minute (e.g. due to weather, severe travel disruption, or low bookings), we will attempt to contact all booked participants. SHARE will aim to reschedule the course where there is sufficient demand and will reimburse any fees paid by those unable to attend the replacement event.