Regional Trustee Support
You will find on this page, information on what we (SHARE) offer for Trustees, and the training that is relevant to those in a trustee position. Your county museum development officer will also provide advice and guidance and would be very pleased to hear from you in the first instance with any queries. This page includes links to all our projects and grants that may be of use to your museum.
Your first port of call is your County Museum Development Officer:
The Regional SHARE team works closely with the County Museum Development Officers to support Trustees within our museums.
Please contact them individually to find out how you can make the most of the advice, help and support they can offer. Some of them offer county meet-ups for trustees, county wide meetings and also some offer county specific training suitable for trustees. Contact details for your county Museum Development Officer can be found in Meet the Team.
SHARE Museums East
- An email discussion group for any museum trustees in the region which enables you to offer advice or ask for help. This email list is free to join. If you would like to be added to the list contact Sally Ackroyd
- Access to all events in the SHARE training calendar. The main training programme runs between September and March but many events are added throughout the year.
Trustee events this programme are wide ranging:
(All trustee focused events are listed. if an event is past and you are interested in us repeating this please contact Sally Ackroyd)
- Legal Protection for Trustees – 1st October 2019
- Forward and Business planning – 10th October 2019
- Forward and Business planning – 11th October 2019
- Being an effective Chair – 26th November 2019
- Trustee Connect – 2nd December 2019. An event for all trustees throughout the region to meet the SHARE team and others who can offer you their support.
- Boards, Conflicts and How to survive them – 6th February 2020
- Being an effective Chair – 13th February 2020
- An Introduction to Being a Trustee, your role and responsibilities – 5th March 2020
- Developing an Effective Board Team – 12th March 2020
- Managing Relationships and Board Dynamics and Strengthening your Organisation. Full Day workshop – 22nd April 2020