Facilitators/Trainers: Sarah Glenn ACR, Fashion and Textile Conservator, Atelier Nine Conservation Ltd
What will be covered?
The basics of caring for a textile collection, including deterioration, storage, emergency salvage, storage and display and basic preventive conservation.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has responsibility for textile and fashion collections.
Approximate session timetable:
- 10am- Introduction, types of textile, agents of deterioration in textiles
- Basic handling and preventive conservation
- Storage and display for textiles and fashion
By the end of this course you will:
- Know the basics of caring for a textile collection, including agents of deterioration and simple preventive conservation
- Issues you may encounter in a textile collection, and when to call in a specialist
Support towards Museum Accreditation:
Relevant accreditation section:
- 6.2 A Collections Care and Conservation Plan
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
Please note, tickets are for organisations located in the East of England* and registered within the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme. If your museum is not within these scheme and you wish to attend the training session, please email us first.*Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (Peterborough), Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.