Online Coffee Morning
Ipswich Museum’s Redevelopment: Towards Greater Inclusivity
With Alison Hall, Ipswich Museums Manager and Aurogeeta Das, Senior Curator, Cultural Policy
Suitable for: Trustees, managers, staff, volunteers and community partners
This coffee morning will outline key aspects of a redevelopment project, from building work, policy development, audience development, community and research partnerships, collections research and staff training.
Alison Hall, Ipswich Museums Manager, will sketch the background to Ipswich Museum’s redevelopment project, outline its key objectives and speak about its ongoing progress. She will cover the pragmatic aspects of the museum’s redevelopment and touch upon some of the rationales that underpin the project.
Aurogeeta Das, Senior Curator, Cultural Policy, will speak about what it means to consider the rich history of the museum’s foundational goals and collections against the backdrop of its redevelopment project. She will then outline why and how a reassessment of the collections and displays would enhance their relevance to contemporary society in Ipswich and beyond. Finally, she will briefly discuss how staff sensitisation and training can help to establish a lasting legacy beyond limited term projects.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand what a Redevelopment project involves in both pragmatic and philosophical terms
- Gain greater awareness of how collections research, community partnerships and staff training are interconnected processes
- Be encouraged to develop greater criticality in audience and policy development, as well as evaluation frameworks.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.