A UCM/SHARE Museums East Collections Care Conference event
The University of Cambridge Museums (UCM) and SHARE Museums East 8th annual Collections Care Conference will be on the topic of Collections Review and Rationalisation on Thursday 27th and Friday 28th January.
The conference will be online with pre-recorded short presentations on the UCM YouTube channel from Monday 24th January. The two days of live sessions will be examining issues such as appropriate places of repository, collection reviews, practical and ethical considerations for disposal, commitment to and responsibility of long-term collections care as well as regional case studies.
Please confirm your attendance by booking here. When you receive your confirmation email from Eventbrite, scroll down to find the links to each session and book on to those sessions you wish to attend.
Please note the Collections Trust session has limited space available and only museums in the East of England can attend this session.
The schedule for live sessions is as follows:
Thursday 27th January
10:30-12:00 R is for… Review. Panel Discussion and Q&A. ‘I’ll just leave this with you…’
14:00-16:00 R is for… Rationalise. Ethical Disposal training with Collections Trust
Friday 28th January
10:30-12:00 R is for… Real Life. Coffee morning with regional case studies
13:30-15:30 R is for… Retain. Panel Discussion and Q&A. Challenging Collections Care
Panellists to include:
- Trish Biers, University of Cambridge, Duckworth Laboratory
- Alistair Brown, Museums Association
- Sarah Brown, Collections Trust
- Ruth Burwood, Arts Council England
- Ian Channell, Epping Forest District Museum
- Lorraine Finch, LFCP
- Hannah Jones, The National Archives
- Wayne Kett, Norfolk Museums Service
- Rory McDaid, Colchester and Ipswich Museums
- Cordelia Rogerson, British Library
- Kloe Rumsey, People’s History Museum Manchester
- Janet Ulph, University of Leicester
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.