Trainer: Wayne Kett, Collections Development Officer, Norfolk Museums Service
Suitable for: Trustees, managers, staff and volunteers who work with museum collections
To coincide with the launch of SHARE’s Collections Review and Rationalisation grants, this session provides practical information about how to approach Collection Reviews, rationalisation and disposal. Using real-life examples, this session will look at potential reasons for disposal and take participants through the ethical consideration and long-term implications of rationalisation.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand the broad principles of rationalisation
- Be able to consider the legal and ethical issues surrounding disposal
- Have greater confidence in undertaking collection reviews
Please login 5 minutes before the start time.
Duration: 2 hours
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.