Trainer: Lindsay Duncan, Outreach Officer, Collections Trust
Suitable for: Trustees, staff and volunteers responsible for managing and documenting loans.
This session will explore the management and documentation involved when borrowing and lending objects, using the Spectrum 5.0 procedures as a framework:
Loans in – managing objects you borrow for a fixed period of time and for a specific purpose.
Loans out – assessing requests for you to lend your objects and managing the lending process until loans are returned to you.
There will opportunities to discuss with colleagues, ask questions throughout and submit questions in advance.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
• Understand the role of the Spectrum standard, and its supporting guidance, in relation to museum Accreditation.
• Understand policy considerations for borrowing and lending.
• Understand the Spectrum requirements for Loans in and Loans out.
• Know where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session:
• If possible, read what Spectrum has to say about Loans in – including the standard and suggested procedure.
• If possible, read what Spectrum has to say about Loans out – including the standard and suggested procedure.
• Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now. You might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.
Specific questions can be submitted prior to the session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please login 5 minutes before start time
Duration: 2 hours
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.