Trainer: Apollo Fundraising – David Burgess
Suitable for: Anyone in museums who needs to consider fundraising
Don’t look now but there are lots of people who love your museum and what you do. These are the people most likely to donate to your museum…if you can find the right offer for them!
Over the last few years we’ve run a number of sessions on how you can ask people for donations. Now we are considering some of the other ways you can secure support from the people who love you the most.
This session will focus on one of the most overlooked forms of fundraising in museums – legacy giving.
There are many reasons why museums need to be thinking about legacy fundraising right now. One key reason is that the value of legacy giving is increasing. In fact, it’s the fastest growing source of philanthropic income, with that growth predicted to keep going until 2050.
We’ll talk about what it is, how it works, how to know whether it’s right for you and give you tips on how to begin introducing these propositions as part of your wider fundraising work.
On 18 January we are running another complementary fundraising session. It will focus on a range of giving schemes you can offer people in your community. Please book for this separately using the link below:
- Fundraising Through Legacies – In person (Newmarket) – 15 November
- Ideas for Community Fundraising – In person (Newmarket) – 15 November
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
South East region = Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Sussex (East and West)
East of England region = Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.