Join us (either physically or virtually) for a hybrid Heritage Engineering Network meeting on 23rd September!
Physical attendees can join us at Cambridge Museum of Technology. To cater for those who prefer non-physical attendance we will have a Zoom facility for the morning and afternoon sessions so hopefully everyone can join us for this restart session. Zoom details will be sent to those who indicate remote participation.
Please book your space to let us know whether you are attending physically or virtually.
Programme for the day as follows:-
10:00 – Registration and coffee
10:30 – Start of meeting and first Zoom session
– Arrangements for day and introductions
– Hot topics – a round the room (and remote colleagues) collection of what are their top three concerns at this time
– Discussion session – picking up on some of the hot topics where possible but also covering the following:
- Volunteer situation following lockdowns led by Dick Waylen Museum of Power
- Managing health risks as well as safety risks led by Ian Reed HEN Co-ordinator
- SHARE update and plans for 2022 onwards
- Projects and volunteers – keeping under control!
- Collection concerns (this may be covered by a recorded session if non availability of speaker or time arises)
12:30 – Lunch at the Museum and networking session
13:30 – Afternoon session
– More Hot topics discussion following review over lunch
– Understanding how the Network can best support members this year – a second physical meeting (continue with hybrid following feedback from both sets of participants) when and where?
14:30 – Opportunity to view Museum of Technology for those who wish, networking discussions
15:00 – Refreshments
15:30 – Event end
Notes on attending the event physically
The Museum has parking available and is not open to the public that day so plenty of room both for vehicles and inside to socially distance as well if you prefer, we are suggesting that you bring your face covering to wear if you feel more comfortable and of course to respect others concerns.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.