Trainer: Apollo Fundraising – David Burgess
Suitable for: Anyone whose museum who needs to raise some funds and would like to build on its relationships with the local community.
Don’t look now but there are lots of people who love your museum and what you do. These are the people most likely to donate to your museum…if you can find the right offer for them!
Over the last few years we’ve run a number of sessions on how you can ask people for donations. This day will focus on some of the other ways you can secure support from the people who love you the most.
‘Ideas for Community Fundraising’. We’ll look at different forms of community giving. We will explore a number of different ways that individuals can support you financially beyond your Friends scheme or donation box. We’ll explore:
- Payroll Giving
- Giving schemes for company employees
- Events and Raffles
- Sponsored Events
- Give As You Live propositions
For each we’ll talk about what it is, how it works, how to know whether it’s right for you and give you tips on how to begin introducing these propositions as part of your wider fundraising work.
This session is also being run in person in Newmarket in November:
We are also offering a complementary event, on one of the most overlooked forms of fundraising in museums – legacy giving- which you can book for separately either online, or in person in Newmarket:
- Fundraising Through Legacies – In person (Newmarket) – 15 November
- Fundraising Through Legacies – Online – 1 February
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
South East region = Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Sussex (East and West)
East of England region = Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.