Trainer: Heather Lomas
Suitable for: Anyone who works in museums, Trustees, Volunteers or paid staff
About the session:
This will be a very full day of thinking about how museums work and their role and potential role in communities, learning and society. Join us for some good opportunities for discussion, learning and thinking!
We will cover:
• What are museums for? – definitions, ethics, public benefit, community, place making, protecting heritage for future generations.
• The museum landscape – governance models, types of museums, the place of museums in the cultural sector, networks and support, finances and funding.
• Standards in museums
• Museums and people, trustees, staff, volunteers
• Accessibility, inclusion and diversity
• Delivering first class visitor experiences
• Community engagement and participation
Join us at 9.45am for coffee and a prompt start at 10am
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:the role of museums
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.