Facilitators/Trainers: Sarah Allen Who we are — Lux & Livre (luxandlivre.com)
What will be covered?
This session is an introduction to the care of photographic collections, and will cover the following topics:
- What are photographs?
- Factors that affect photographs and how to manage them
- How to identify different photographic processes and their respective conservation needs
- Methods and materials for storing different types of photographs
- An overview of how conservation can complement cataloguing and digitisation projects
Who should attend?
Anyone who has responsibility for any type of photographic collection who would like to learn more about how to look after these sensitive materials.
By the end of this course you will:
- Learn about the main groups of photographic materials and how to identify them.
- Understand the different conservation needs each group has and what storage environment, methods and materials are most suitable for their long term preservation.
- Be able to make the most of your photographs and how caring for them can increase accessibility to your collections.
More details will be sent out once the week before the event.
Please note, tickets are for organisations located in the East of England* and registered within the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme. If your museum is not within these scheme and you wish to attend the training session, please email us first.*Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (Peterborough), Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.