Trainers: John Moore and Kathy Moore, consultants with NZC Services
Suitable for: Trustees, managers, all staff and volunteers
About the session:
Are you starting to think about the impact your museum has on the environment? Have you considered your museum’s carbon emissions and how they might be reduced? If so, join us on this training session to learn more about the practical measures museums can take to deliver effective and significant carbon reduction.
The session will cover:
• The priorities in reducing your museum’s environmental impact
• Carbon tracking – what to measure and how
• Carbon Action Plans – how to reduce carbon emissions, focusing on where there is greatest impact
• Where to get support/advice
• Museum case studies
Please note – this is an updated version of similar training ran in 2022, taking into account the current conditions. The session will be recorded and added to SHARE’s Youtube channel to allow to attendees to review the content and enourage access to the content for those unable to attend.
Please login 5 minutes before the start time.
Duration: 2 hours
An informal session will follow on 10 January 2024 to enable attendees to further questions following their own investigations around the subject, or to ask for clarification and further explanation in relation to carbon reduction measures for museums. Please book this separately.
This session has been funded by Heritage Fund and Arts Council England.
Please note, these tickets are for museums located in the East of England*. Museums do not need to be registered within the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme, but attendees should not be from a private collection.
*Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (Peterborough), Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE/NLHF funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.