This session will explore the Spectrum Collections review procedure, looking at how collections reviews can be used as part of good collections management practice.
We will discuss:
- How collections reviews are a valuable tool that enable you to better understand the collections in your care.
- Discuss some of the different uses of reviews including understanding significance, identifying opportunities for developing collections, and rationalisation.
- Examples of existing review methodologies, that might be adapted.
- Documenting and using the results of a collections review.
There will be opportunities to discuss with colleagues and ask questions throughout.
Attendees will learn:
- How to understand and apply the Spectrum Collections review procedure.
Before the session:
- Take a look at your organisation’s Collections Development Policy
- Read your organisation’s written procedure for Collections review, if one is available.
- Please ensure you have a working microphone, so you can fully participate.
Who is this session for?
Trustees, managers, beginners, volunteers.
Please note, tickets are for organisations located in the East of England* and registered within the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme. If your museum is not within these scheme and you wish to attend the training session, please email us first.*Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (Peterborough), Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.