Please note: tickets are limited for each region so it is important that you register your ticket under the correct region. Please scroll down to see a breakdown of the counties that each MD team covers
This session is part of a national online Museum Development series of webinars, which will help to develop knowledge and skills in volunteer management, volunteer recruitment and volunteer strategy development.
You can sign up to the other sessions by clicking the links below
What will participants gain?
As a result of attending this webinar, participants will become equipped or underpin skills and knowledge, including and not limited to:
– Reflective practice that leads to sustainable volunteer retention, development and meaningful experiences
All training will be delivered using a webinar format via Zoom.
This webinar series is being hosted by volunteering consultants and specialists Laura Hamilton and Carol Carbine, who both bring more than 40 years of volunteer management experience in the VCSE sector.
Laura has a strong understanding of volunteer management within small and medium-sized organisations and of working with staff to build volunteer management confidence and capacity in these contexts; and runs a successful consultancy (Laura Hamilton Consulting), with a specialist focus on volunteer engagement and management and training and mentoring for volunteer managers.
Carol specialises in training/facilitation and problem-solving/conflict resolution, working within the overseas aid, animal welfare, disability and heritage sectors; and is a qualified NLP Practitioner. Carol offers bespoke training and facilitation through her own consultancy (Carol Carbine Consulting).
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at all Accredited museums and those working towards Accreditation in the East, South East, North West, North East, Yorkshire, East Midlands and West Midlands and Wales. These webinars are most suitable to groups and organisations that are:
– Reviewing their volunteering strategy
– Open to learning and exploring changes to involving volunteers
– Keen to learn more about and embed inclusive practice into their work on involving volunteers
Which region am I in?
- SHARE/ East – Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk
- South East – Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Sussex (East and West)
- East Midlands – Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire
- West Midlands – Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands Councils (Birmingham, Coventry etc), Worcestershire
- North West – Cheshire, Cumberland, Lancashire, Westmorland
- North East – County Durham, Northumberland, Tees Valley, Tyne & Wear
- Yorkshire – Yorkshire and the Humber
Please note, tickets are for organisations registered within the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme. If your museum is not within these scheme and you wish to attend the training session, please email us first.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on our FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- You consent to your booking and evaluation data for this session being shared with your Museum Development regional provider and the training provider.
- That you are from a museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.