Do you need some quick advice about the conservation and care of a museum object or collection? SHARE Museums East is offering free advice surgeries with preventative conservation specialists Spencer & Fry for Accredited and Working Towards Accreditation museums in the East of England. The surgeries can:
- provide advice about urgent problems (e.g., insect infestation)
- suggest appropriate solutions and remedial care options
- answer questions about environmental monitoring
- offer guidance on basic ‘good practice’ procedures
- advise museums on how to conduct an audit of their display areas and stores
- signpost you to appropriate funding and information sources
The surgeries can be via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or a phone call at a time convenient to yourself. To request a surgery, please provide a brief summary of your issue or concern via this online survey. Once we have received your completed survey, a member of the SHARE team will review it and either SHARE Museums East or Spencer & Fry will contact you directly. Please note, places are limited and priority will be given to Accredited and Working Towards Accreditation museums.