Regional Trustee Support
You will find on this page, information on what we (SHARE) offer for Trustees, and the training that is relevant to those in a trustee position. Your county museum development officer will also provide advice and guidance and would be very pleased to hear from you in the first instance with any queries. This page includes links to all our projects and grants that may be of use to your museum.
Your first port of call is your County Museum Development Officer:
The Regional SHARE team works closely with the County Museum Development Officers to support Trustees within our museums.
Please contact them individually to find out how you can make the most of the advice, help and support they can offer. Some of them offer county meet-ups for trustees, county wide meetings and also some offer county specific training suitable for trustees. Contact details for your county Museum Development Officer can be found in Meet the Team.
SHARE Museums East
- An email discussion group for any museum trustees in the region which enables you to offer advice or ask for help. This email list is free to join. If you would like to be added to the list contact Sally Ackroyd
- Access to all events in the SHARE training calendar. The main training programme runs between September and March but many events are added throughout the year.
- Tell us what you need from us and we will do our best to find a way to provide it. We are building a number of resources (such as example documents) which we hope you will find useful. If you can’t find what you need in our resources section please do use the email discussion group, as someone in our region will probably have the answer.
- We are just trialling a buddy system for new trustees, so that they can be supported by a trustee in a different museum in their first year as a trustee.
- Potential trustees? If you, or someone else you know would like to be a museum trustee do get in touch, and we may know of museums which are seeking new trustees. As a potential museum trustee we would be happy to welcome you to our trustee events – again please contact Sally Ackroyd to arrange this.
Trustee events we have put together in past years are listed below. If you are interested in any of these topics again possibly as an online event then please contact Sally Ackroyd
- Legal Protection for Trustees –
- Forward and Business planning –
- Being an effective Chair
- Trustee Connect – An event for all trustees throughout the region to meet the SHARE team and others who can offer you their support.
- Boards, Conflicts and How to survive them
- Being an effective Chair
- An Introduction to Being a Trustee, your role and responsibilities
- Developing an Effective Board Team
- Managing Relationships and Board Dynamics and Strengthening your Organisation.