SHARE may change and update this Policy – if we do this page will be updated with the new Policy. Please check from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from May 2018.
About SHARE Museums East
SHARE is funded by Arts Council England (ACE) and managed by Norfolk Museums Service, a Service of Norfolk County Council. We work in partnership with local museum development officers, University of Cambridge Museums and other stakeholders to provide advice, support and training to Accredited museums in the East of England. Our Data Protection policies and procedures are governed by Norfolk County Council’s official Data Protection Policy.
What personal information does SHARE retain or collect?
When you register for our services (including signing up to our e-newsletter), sign onto an event, or apply for a grant we will retain your name, job title, contact information, the details of the organisation which you are representing and any preferences you may register. SHARE will also retain records, such as evaluation forms, of interactions you have had with our programmes to ensure we continue to provide an effective service.
This can include:
- attendance at our training events or programmes
- details from any evaluation forms or surveys you have provided to us about your development needs
- details of correspondence that we have sent to you or received from you.
What we do with the information we collect?
Depending on your relationship with SHARE, we may use the personal information to:
- Process bookings for training events.
- Send you communications which we think you may find interesting via our e-newsletter or emails, and analyse click rates to improve what and how we communicate with you.
- Improve our services and events by keeping internal records of who attended our events, and what organizations they represent.
- Ask you to partake in our annual training needs survey or any other surveys or research which will improve our service.
- Share information regarding the SHARE programme with ACE as part of our grant contract with ACE. This may include names of participants at events, grant applicants and contact names for Accreditation purposes.
- Where necessary, share personal information with approved third parties such as trainers, consultants and other organisations who directly support the SHARE programme. We will ask your permission to pass on your personal details to the third party, who will only use your data for the specified purpose and will not use it for any other reason or share it with any other individuals or organisations.
We will not pass on or sell your information to any third party for marketing or commercial purposes. We will not disclose any information about you other than for the purposes described within this policy, except when when required to do so by law.
How long is the information kept?
The activities we deliver are publicly funded by ACE and this information will be retained for the duration of the current funding period until 31 March 2022. For reporting purposes this information may be retained beyond the life of the funding period.
In the event of the SHARE programme terminating at the end of the funding period, all individuals and organisations will be notified of our legacy proposals and all individuals will offered the right of erasure of their data.
What information does SHARE not keep?
When signing onto an event we ask for access and dietary requirements to help organisers best prepare for the event. This information is used for this and no other purpose, and these preferences will be deleted no later than 12 months after the event has taken place.
When you apply for a grant, bursary or payment from SHARE, personal financial information is not kept by us, this information is processed via the Finance department of Norfolk County Council. The only information we retain are invoices and grant contracts.
Appointed third parties
Not all services delivered by SHARE are provided by staff employed by Norfolk County Council. SHARE works in partnership with ACE, appointed partners and other organisations and businesses to provide museum development within the scope of our funded programme as agreed with ACE.
A list of our Museum Development Officers (appointed partners) can be found here. Some specialist subject networks in the East of England are also SHARE partners and a list of SHARE networks can be found here. Appointed partners are bound by their employing organisation’s data protection and privacy policies. Any breach of these values and/or the law is the responsibility of their employing organisation, not SHARE (Norwich County Council).
We use third party websites including WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Twitter, SmartSurvey, Dropbox and WeTransfer. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third party organisations.
Links to other websites
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to our website and all communications with it are at your own risk. We will use strict procedures and security features on the website to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, and may prevent you from accessing some services available on this website.
Access to your information
You are entitled to see personal information about you which we hold. You will need to put your request in writing or by email, telling us whether you are interested in all the information we hold about you or just specific areas. You will need to provide enough information for us to identify you in our records, such as name, address and date of birth. You will need to provide proof of your identity, which can be a copy of your passport, birth certificate or other official document bearing your signature. We also need to see proof of your current address – this can be a copy of your driving licence or utility bill for example.
You can also ask us to:
- update the details we hold about you
- consider a request to stop processing your data, including sending you communications
- complain about or discuss how we are handling your information.
For any of these requests please email us at email@example.com
Or write to:
Regional Museums Development Manager
SHARE Museums East