The course will give an introduction to C.O.P.E., Norfolk Museum Service’s strategy for dealing with digital content, and discuss how to manage digital assets effectively. Delegates will learn the benefits of effective use and re-use of content, and the advantages of “the long game” – creating quality content that can be recycled, avoiding the need to start from scratch each time. The course will also explore the potential for collaboration.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a greater awareness of the potential for the use of their content
- Have gained a better understanding of effective use of content
- Understand the importance of Digital Asset Management
- Be able to apply the C.O.P.E. strategy to their own organisation
- Have considered ways in which their own data can be repurposed for multiple platforms
- Understand future-proof creation of digital content and how it can be applied in their organisation
An essential course for any member of the museum community who creates digital content, including (but not limited to) curators, documentation staff, collections managers, education and marketing staff.
Due to the limited number of places available on this course, for the time being we are only able to confirm up to two places per museum.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.