By the end of the course participants will:
- understand the reasons for care when handling and packing museum objects
- know how to assess and plan safe handling and packing for different types of objects, including large and heavy items
- have practiced handling and packing techniques
- have explored a range of available materials
- have tried planning a variety of scenarios involving object handling, packing and movement
Handling and packing activities will involve; some standing while working and lifting boxes, tasks requiring manual dexterity and close vision, an organisational exercise with prewritten cards and a PowerPoint presentation. Delegates are advised to wear closed in shoes and fitted clothing (baggy clothes, dangling jewellery and scarves are not appropriate).
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.