Whether for information panels, labels, leaflets, press releases or case studies we all need to communicate effectively. This course will explore techniques for bringing your text to life.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Looked critically at good and bad examples of different kinds of museum text
- Explored tips and rules of good practice
- Practised writing your own labels
- Considered museum communications in the light of accessibility standards
This session is suitable for all museum staff and Volunteers who write text for displays and exhibitions.
Refreshments will be available on arrival.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.