How much do you know about the laws governing your collections? Can you be sure your museum is compliant?
Join Professor Janet Ulph, Leicester Law School, University of Leicester, Sarah Brown, Outreach Officer, Collections Trust, Rory McDaid, Collections Information Officer, Colchester and Ipswich Museums, and Margaret Clegg, Vice-Chair of the Human Remains Subject Specialist Network, to disucss Collections and the Law. The schedule will cover:
- Ethical and legal concerns around collections and disposal
- Collections of unknown or disputed ownership – what the law says about retention or disposal
- Spectrum Rights Management
- The law about hazards in collections
- The law about human remains in collections
Refreshments will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.