How to use paintings to engage all audiences particularly children and young people:
This gallery based course uses paintings from the collections at Norwich Castle to demonstrate how looking, imagining and questioning can encourage museum audiences to make a personal response to a piece of art work. Participants will experience practical gallery activities to inspire them to develop museum activities using a painting as a starting point.
No art history or specialist knowledge is needed, just imagination, creativity and adaptability!
By the end of the course participants will:
- Feel more confident in leading questioning and investigative experiences from a painting.
- Have experienced practical gallery based activities that make meaningful connections with art works.
- Have a range of new ideas about how to use paintings in their own setting more effectively.
Refreshments will be provided on arrival but please make your own arrangements for lunch. We expect the extensive work on the Castle keep will have started and during this time there is a small pop up cafe at the museum or in Norwich city centre if you prefer. The museum’s doors will open at 10 am, please aim to arrive from 10.00am for a 10.30am start.
Please see our FAQs for any questions relating to our training programme
Terms & Conditions:
For full details of our programmes conditions, see our Terms & Conditions on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.