A full-day lead by Museum Managers from a number of small museums who have taken or are taking their organisation through capital projects. The chance to hear top tips about how to survive the challenge…
Are you considering a Capital project? Is NLHF funding the right fit for your project?
Come along for the chance to hear top tips about how to survive the challenge of a large project in a small museum from Curators who are doing it! The day will include:
- Scoping your project
- the HLF application and reporting process
- Failure and managing expectations
- project management including jargon busting
- engaging staff, volunteers and communities
- working with designers and contractors,
- the things Curators wish they had known before they started their projects
- the chance to visit a museum where a capital project has recently taken place
Museum managers, Curators, or similar manager level in small museums looking to run a capital project.
This session will be based on the experience and knowledge of members
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.