Object marking and labelling is a requirement of the Spectrum Acquisition and accessioning procedure, which is required to be in place for Museum Accreditation. This workshop will introduce the basic principles including materials and techniques used for marking different types of objects. The session will also include hands-on activities to put knowledge into practice.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the need for object marking and labelling and the theory behind it
- Understand the different procedures for marking different types of objects
- Understand the appropriate kit to use for object marking and labelling
This session is suitable for all museum staff and volunteers involved in the care and management of collections.
Lunch will not be provided but refreshments will be on arrival.
Terms & Conditions:
Full details of our programmes conditions can be found on our website.
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England museum or heritage organisation which is in the Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that so that we can aim to facilitate your attendance if we can. (This may involve a fee).
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.